"Referees get scrutinised left and right and players aren't helping them. I was probably the world's worst and I'm on my high horse because I kicked a lot of players, but there are a lot out there who are trying to put one over the referee by diving...We all know the high-profile players but I wouldn't give them the time of day and that's why I'm glad I'm not playing. I'd be pulling my hair out. There are lads playing for England, Scotland and Ireland who do it. It's not just a foreign thing. Lads I played with dive and it drives me crazy. They go down like they've been shot and it's crazy. If I'd gone down faking injury I would have had to go and see my family and they would disown me if I was trying to get another player in trouble. "
Then what? Should Keane's family now disown him? Or should the legions of Keane's football fans, or even those who hated him yet respected him disown him as well?