Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Update
People keep asking me to update.. but I'm not sure what to write.
School has been crazy. All these travelling everyday has made me super duper tired. I really hate to jostle with the rush-hour crowds. I hate travelling home with an empty stomach. I hate the super duper tired feeling when I reach home. People who know me will know that I need a lot of sleep, and my studying method has always been studying less, but studying intensively, making sure that I absorb everything at the very first read.
But the travelling and the tiredness that prevails thereafter are driving me nuts. I want to mug at night, but with a tired body and and tired mind, the marginal productivity of time spent studying are drastically reduced. Herein lies the irony: with lower productivity, I need to study using more time to reach the same quantity. Yet at the same time, I have less time than before.
It all points to one word: chui.
As I've told some people during the preparation for oweek (maybe almost as intensive as now), it is amazing how work saps all your energy. Your energy for fun, your energy for love and overall your energy for life itself. It occupied my mind and drove something out of me. I think it did happen to my friend's gf too (I'm glad they're back together again though =) ). It happened during oweek, and I don't want it to happen again.
I know what is exactly going through my mind, but the problem is, it can't be exactly put across. True things are not acceptable, to the society, or even to the socially-trained mind of mine. If only life can be like a game, mission failed and you can restart it all over again, with the previous failiure having no impact on you other than added experience, which is an asset rather than a liability.
It's always more comfortable to take the easy way out.. I've been used to it, ain't I? But something in me tells me that it will be too loserish to do so.
Scarcity - Wants are infinite, yet resources aren't. Hence the need to make choices. But choices come with opportunity costs.
Am I ready to pay these opportunity costs?
How do I choose the optimal consumption bundle to maximise utility, subject to me being able to afford it?
Slight problem: I am not sure if I've found my ultility function, although the budget constraint is plain for all to see.
Darn, I'm a damn good econs major.
I should mug more now.
lowtide blogged @
9:52 pm
