Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Update
Was really motivated to mug when I came back from tuition, after teaching the 'kids' things that seemed so hard then but so interesting now, like roots of a quadratic equation, integration, probability etc. I love maths!! hahaha
But upon reaching home, eating supper and reading some friends' blogs I've not come across for a long time made me wanna blog myself.
I'm in a sea of busy work this week, but let me sort out my thoughts before I move on =)
Beach Fiesta 08
It was great being able to participate in Beach Fiesta this year! After missing out on last year (not really shou with Arts Club peeps and it was straight after Foodhunt), it was great to see this LEGENDARY event come to live!
Personally I feel the event was a SUCCESS! I'm really happy to see so many people coming together on the beach to play sports, and the atmosphere around was carnival-like, at least from my point of view. As Jeremy said, it was a whooping 62 teams and it itself is an achievement!
The sand, sun and sea never fails to make me high, and despite not really sleeping comfortably on the stage the night before, I felt damn good once the games started!
It was fun being the programmer of captain's ball, it kinda reminded me of my days as Games Captain in TJC Delta House Comm, when I organised the intra-house captain's ball competition, providing fun for the CGs of our house.
Granted, this time, teams were much 'fiercer', much more competitive, but that was only to be expected. I really thank my referees for their hardwork, for enduring under the sun and being so responsive to my 'orders'. And I found 2 AHS juniors! hahaha
I took over the refereeing for the 'siong' matches, as well as the semi-finals. Haha it was fun! It was fun bearing the brunt of the players' KB, and putting that stern face to them. I hope I did a good job as referee, as being clear and decisive is the key, not giving out correct fouls =P
So for my side, I felt that I had a fulfilling day.
I'm really proud of Yingling, Adeline and Naga, as I know the struggles you guys faced during the whole course of planning. Well done.. You guys made it!! =)
Granted, the event wasn't perfect, but well, no event is and never will any be. So, looking at the fun the participants had, and the smiles and 'thank you's when they look into my eyes.. it's all worth it! =)
Well, this week's gonna be crazy, with the tying up of loose ends for Foodhunt, Natural Heritage test on Thursday, and the finalisation of my Malay presentation.
As Foodhunt approaches the actual day and its closing stages.. I recall the question Applie asked us during the introduction in our first Foodhunt meeting.. "Why do you wanna join the Foodhunt comm?"
I can't remember my exact answer, but what went through my mind was, "I loved Foodhunt and our comm last year, so to carry on the 'legacy' we've created from scratch, I'm wanna do my part to make it as good, if not better, than last year's."
Yes, this is my first Arts Club project, and this is what brought me into knowing so many wonderful people here. I have a passion for it, and I'm gonna do whatever I can to make it better, to carry on its legacy. I will make it a success again this time, and this is my personal promise to our Ocomm last year.
For now, some first-timers (I'm abit assuming here ah, paiseh) might not feel as strongly as me, but I'm sure that after the actual day, after seeing the smiles on the participants' faces, and how Foodhunt is brought to a fulfilling close, you guys will feel the same way too =)
So, please pardon and forgive me sometimes for my over-passionate response and arguments, as all I wanna do is not to build on my personal thinking, but really to let the participates enjoy themselves, and make this event a huge, roaring success, with participants smiling and praising us when the curtains are brought down.
We've come so far, so let us jiayou for the final lap!! I'm sure that at the end of the day, at the final destination, the memories and sense of satisfaction will forever be etched on our hearts.
Jiayou people!! =)
lowtide blogged @
12:12 am
