Thursday, October 18, 2007
Slightly morale-lifted day
By right, to my high personal demands, in the grand scheme of things, I shouldn't be too happy, but sometimes you just need these little boosters to lift your spirits up.
So, it was a happy day!!
Taking chuiness as given, I was rather relieved when I got back my ST (all my friends know what it stands for by now) paper. I seriously thought that I'll get below average (which by the way, is an atrocious 35/100 - ST is a *insert your own profanity*), but somehow the marks just added bits by bits, and I got 45/100. It's hard to be happy with this kind of marks (it's not even in the top quartile definitely), but given that I sincerely thought that I'm chui to the max, I should be happy!
So, the sense of relief filled me, and I was really grateful.
Again thanks to Neil's Enlightenment, EC3303's paper was do-able. It wasn't very comfortable doing the paper, as I flipped notes like hell, and I'm not even sure of the basic t-statistic formula. It's horrible how nerves get on you. However, the great thing about this paper is that I had that exact feeling doing last semester's EC2303's final exam paper, it was frantic, I made a lot of mistakes, but I had the time to rectify it and re-check it. And overall, I was able to scan through the whole paper to briefly re-check calculation errors, so it was good!
I really spent a lot of time revisiting the concepts and formulae, and keep asking myself how do I get Ui, Variance this or that from raw data (which consists only of X and Y), and I hope my efforts and worries will pay off =)
I rewarded myself by allowing myself to pon a lecture after that.
And the movie! It wasn't the greatest of movies, but the company was what's most important =)
It was great just to chill out after these days of anxiety. I'm just glad that I let it all out =)
So, the right boost at the right time.
A happy day! =)
lowtide blogged @
1:23 am
